Tuesday, April 9, 2013

decision deficiency

in my regular life, i'm not one to enjoy decisions - easy, difficult, important, trivial - they're all the same to me.

this weakness of mine has been highlighted recently.  
and it's magnified even more as time ticks closer to MAY 4th.

i feel so zoomed in on the half marathon that my brain doesn't have energy for anything else.

while shopping on saturday, i spent 25 minutes staring at t-shirts of various colors. 
what color t-shirt should i buy? this was the most difficult decision i've made in years. 
i was frozen.... over a t-shirt.
yesterday, the kind woman behind the wendy's counter asked me if i wanted butter with my baked potato. i was frozen. butter?  how am i supposed to know. way too much of this lady's and my co-worker's time was taken up to end up with no butter.

i'm sharing this as a cordial cautioning to my friends and to those who will be around me in the next couple of weeks.
please don't ask me to decide.
if you need me to decide, please don't sigh impatiently when it takes me 15 minutes to pick which Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream flavor i'll enjoy. (side note: their banana cajeta is amazing)
don't expect a direct answer if you need me to decide which golden girls episode is my favorite. (side note: 'a little romance' has hilarious one liners - "shrimp?!")



and sweet Stan Brule, please don't let this deficiency of mine get any worse!



No comments:

Post a Comment