Monday, January 28, 2013

PBS & Mondays

Mondays are the worst.  The WORST!
Never felt that way about a day of the week before starting this thing.
And now it's a solid fact: Mondays are the worst.

I used to work with a sweet lady with down syndrome who would, each Monday morning, warn everyone as she arrived - - "Please, don't...don't talk to me....I don't like Mondays."
I'm with you now, Nona!

After great progress this weekend, I got on the treadmill this morning and CHUGGED and STRUGGLED through the 35 minute run. The time took forever. Everytime I looked back at the clock thinking at least 5 minutes had passed, I was wrong and only 30 seconds had passed. If that much.
This happened last Monday, too, and the emotion held me down through Wednesday.

This time though, I won't have to take the blame. 

It's Monday's fault!

Last night, I made the mistake of watching a PBS Nova special on the physiology of a first time marathon runner. I thought it would've been inspiring.
Unfortunately, the inspiration I took from it was fear of injury.
They took a group of 12 sedentary people and trained them for the marathon. 
This crew was motley at best.
Variety of ages.
Variety of sizes.
Variety of fitness levels.

Now that I think back on it, there was a bit of inspiration taken: 12 of the 12 finished the marathon.
They ALL finished the marathon.

Tomorrow is Tuesday and that's when I will start over. 
I'll look back and stick my tongue out at this stupid, energy sapping, sluggish, cliche, Garfield hated day.

No comments:

Post a Comment