Saturday, March 2, 2013

seven.

today's post is a copy of an email i sent to my friend detailing the 7 mile run i totally crushed today.

"hi amynoie. i did it.
i started out TOTALLY not feeling it.  couldn't get my legs working right.  it's weird, every week it's a different nuisance.  the last couple weeks were my calves.  this week it's my hip joints.
stupid.
the whole first couple of miles i just kept thinking, holy hell, i'm not gonna make it this time.  but it was the - ok, to that tree, ok past that trash can, etc.
then all of the sudden i was at 3.5 and it was time to turn around.
i love the turn around.  love it.
from 4.5 miles and on, i was smiling.  it was the realization - i'm gonna run 7 miles!  i'm gonna do it!!!
i did a gu at 45 minutes.  and maybe that's why i love the run back.
this time i had so much stuff - gu, water bottle, phone, ipod, gloves, hat, etc. i felt like i forgot how to hold my arms.  my shoulders hurt right now.  that's the first time in a long time they've hurt.
also, good gravy, i'm slow.  like SO slow.  the last half mile was misery.  maybe i could have taken another gu? but it was just at the next 45 minute mark and i felt like that was a waste.  but i felt like slow motion..
it's all a learning process i guess.
i'm super excited i did it.
that's a huge number.
but what the heck, they're ALL huge numbers now.
my favorite was when i looked at my gps and i was at 4 miles. my thought was - oh i'm only at 4. ONLY at 4.  ðŸ˜Š
no big deal."

3 comments:

  1. Just remember, you're faster than all the people sitting on the couch...because they're sitting down and not running.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. pinterest is the best. something, something, something forward.

      Delete
  2. OMG...I made your blog? Ha...just kidding...I just recently read your text again, to help me get through the "blah" of having a bum leg and having had to "back off" of training for a bit.

    :)

    ReplyDelete