Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Momentum

Momentum is fading.
I knew it would.
As time sneaks away from that unreal day when I signed up, and the race is still a far speck in time, there's no way to sustain the excitement or momentum.

The urge to turn off the 5:20am alarm clock or to rationalize skipping a day is getting stronger.
I cannot allow this.
Seriously.  I can't.

I started on the weight machines today.
Thanks to the push and instruction of Amynoie and ChrissyD.

It took me two attempts to actually use the weights.
The first attempt, I strutted in with "confidence", looked at the machines, and turned right back around to ride the bike. After two minutes on the bike, I thought, NO, I need strength! I wanna be strong!

So I marched over for a second time and what I had feared actually happened.
I sat down like I knew what I was doing at the shoulder push-up machine. 
Only, I didn't push it up, I tried to push it forward.  Then looked at the weight to be sure it wasn't that heavy.  Yeah..... It wasn't heavy as much as I was a dummy.
Next time, I'll strut up to the machine and know exactly which way to push the bar.  I hope.

Meanwhile, I am tired.  But I am no where near tired enough to quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment