Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Thank you.

Accidentally read this article today and it made me accidentally cry at my desk.
It just reinforced with me that in such a short time, running has become to mean so much to me.

If you want to know what made me turn into a weepy toddler, it was these words:

So, today I say: Thanks, running. Thank you for making me a stronger person, both physically and mentally. Thanks for helping me stay sane. Thanks for some of the warmest memories I have, thanks for taking me to new places, thanks for introducing me to so many amazing people. Thanks for being there whenever and wherever I need you.
Thanks, universe, for giving me a body that's capable of running. Thanks for nudging me into running in the first place. While we're at it, thanks for making me aware of how much I have to be grateful for.
And thanks, running friends. You know who you are. Really. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment