Saturday, February 9, 2013

music and running pt. 1

music is my favorite.
if it were acceptable, and if anyone cared, i'd write about it every day and tell you my various fleeting obsessions and discoveries.

my playlist for running is its own beast.
it is continuously adjusted, deleted from, added to - songs of various speeds and energies.
music during my run is as important to me (if not more) as my shoes or what I'm gonna wear.
abnormal or not, it's become a key motivation for me on my runs.

these are just a handful of songs that i have never skipped or hit next when they play and have almost come to rely on them. 
in addition to these are almost every song sigur ros, jonsi, and m83 have ever made.
more about their influence on me in a future post.


ah, the dark knight. who wouldn't feel energized and super-hero-esque with this music.



the ultimate chick anthem. 



kasabian makes me increase my pace every. single. time.




there are a few how to destroy angels songs on my playlist. trent reznor has always had an effect on me.




when kelis sings 'give me wings to fly', i'm asking for the same thing.





"i know i'm runnin' baby, but i need you now."



silversun pickups.




skrillex has been with me since the very beginning. i heart him.
"yo, skrill, drop it hard!"



i mentioned my current love of macklemore in an earlier post.
there is no way to not smile during this song.




the cliche and typical runners anthem.
i don't care. 
it's cliche for a reason. and i love it.




OK, so i WILL post an m83 song.
i don't have the words to describe what this song (and others of theirs) does to me mid-run.

more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment